German Peinado Gomez, M.Sc.(2000)
German Peinado Gomez,
Ph.D. Student (Doct. School No. 3)
Experience & Knowledge
German Peinado Gomez (MSc by Polytechnic of Madrid, Spain; Master by Pontifical University of Salamanca, Spain; PhD Student in Warsaw University of Technology, Poland) was born in Toledo (Spain). He obtained M.Sc. degree in Telecommunications from Universidad Politecnica de Madrid in 2000, Master degree in Information Security from Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca in 2007, and joined PhD School in Warsaw University of Technology in 2019.
He is a senior telecommunications and security professional with 20+ years of career, having assumed different roles and responsibilities in the telco industry. He has worked on Spain and Germany, and since 2008 he is based on Poland.
Currently he works as a senior security standardization specialist in Nokia Standards organization. In this role as a researcher he contributes to security standardization research activities related to international standardization organizations (SDOs) such as 3GPP SA3, O-RAN, IETF, ETSI and others. He conducts technology feasibility studies and deep-dives and develops associated written contributions to standards organizations as well as research publications. He acts as a delegate representing Nokia in SDOs such as O-RAN and GSMA, assuming rapporteur ship of Work and Study items in own field of specialization and making quality contributions, as well as advising security researchers on relevant SDO technology priorities and pipelines.
In the past he has worked on Nokia Security Product Unit as SOAR Product manager, responsible for 5G and Telco related use cases development. Previously he had worked as Senior Security Solution Consultant for Nokia E2E Security Centre of Excellence, where the main responsibilities resided on developing security blueprints and architectures with focus on 5G New Radio and Core Networks, Telco Cloud and Data Centres. Competencies
- PhD Candidate, 5G Security Interconnection, AI/ML applied to 5G Security enforcement and Security SLAs. Warsaw University of Technology (Poland)
- MS (post-graduate), Information Security Management. Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca (Spain)
- MS, Telecommunications. Polytechnic University of Madrid (Spain)
- Certificates: CISSP, CCSP, CISM, ISO27001 LA
- Security policies definition and enforcement utilizing policy control function framework in 5G (DOI:10.1016/j.comcom.2021.03.024).
- Security Risk Assessment for 5G Networks: National Perspective (DOI: 10.1109/MWC.001.1900524)
- 5G Security - Complex Challenges (DOI: 10.1002/9781119471509.w5GRef161).
Since 2000 he has participated mainly as a technical advisor, designer and architect in a vast number of projects for tier 1 service providers, related to Core Networks, IMS, Roaming, IP/Optical networks and Radio (2G/3G/4G/5G), with focus on Network Security already since 2004.
References in major Tier 1 telecommunication operators: Vodafone, Telefonica, T-Mobile, Orange, Dish, A1, Swisscom, etc.
Experience & Knowledge
- Expertise in 5G Security architecture and standards (3GPP, ITU-T, ETSI, O-RAN…)
- Security Management, e.g. SOAR (Security Orchestration, Analytics and Response)
- Engineering in Telco Service Provider networks in the fields of Security, Core, Transport and Radio.
- Information Security, Compliance and Governance