Piotr Krawiec, PhD.(2011)
National Institute of Telecommunications: NIT ITSEF Technical Manager, Head of Department
Experience & Knowledge
Piotr Krawiec (Ph.D.) obtained M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees from Warsaw University of Technology (WUT) in 2005 and 2011, respectively. Since 2010 he has been associated with WUT, Institute of Telecommunications, as a researcher involved in B&R projects. Since 2012 he is with National Institute of Telecommunications (NIT), Warsaw, where from 2018 he is the Head of Internet Technologies and Applications Department, and from 2020 he is also Technical Manager at Information Technology Security Evaluation Facility of NIT.
He took part (as a Work Group/Task coordinator and/or participant) in more than 15 national and international B&R projects. He is author/coauthor of more than 70 papers presented at international and national scientific conferences and journals.
His research interest focuses mainly on cybersecurity evaluation of network devices and services, IP technologies (wired and wireless networks, network protocols) and applications for the Future Internet (Internet of Things, Software Defined Networks, Smart Cities, Digital Ledger Technology/blockchains).
- 2011. PhD. Degree. Specialization: Telecommunications. Warsaw University of Technology. Faculty of Electronics and Informatics Technology. Warsaw, Poland.
- 2005. M.Sc. degree. Specialization: Telecommunications. Warsaw University of Technology. Faculty of Electronics and Informatics Technology. Warsaw, Poland.
-Jordi Mongay Batalla, Constandinos X. Mavromoustakis, George Mastorakis, Evangelos K. Markakis, Evangelos Pallis, Tomasz Wichary, Piotr Krawiec and Przemyslaw Lekston, On Analyzing Routing Selection for Aerial Autonomous Vehicles Connected to Mobile Network, mdpi Sensors, 2021, 21(2), 399; DOI: 10.3390/s21020399
-R. Pawlak, P. Krawiec and J. Żurek, "On Measuring Electromagnetic Fields in 5G Technology," in IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 29826-29835, 2019. doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2902481
-L. Hirtan, P. Krawiec, C. Dobre and J. M. Batalla, "Blockchain-Based Approach for e-Health Data Access Management with Privacy Protection," 2019 IEEE 24th International Workshop on Computer Aided Modeling and Design of Communication Links and Networks (CAMAD), Limassol, Cyprus, 2019, pp. 1-7. doi: 10.1109/CAMAD.2019.8858469
-S. Spinsante, A. Strazza, C. Dobre, L. Bajenaru, C. X. Mavromoustakis, J. M. Batalla, P. Krawiec, G. Georgescu, G. Molan, H. Gonzalez-Velez, A. M. Herghelegiu, G. I. Prada, R. Draghici (2019). Integrated Consumer Technologies for Older Adults' Quality of Life Improvement: the vINCI Project, 23rd IEEE ISCT International Symposium on Consumer Technologies, Track: ForITAAL 2019, 19-21 June, 2019, Ancona (Italy).
-Kakalou I., Psannis K., Krawiec P., Badea R., “Cognitive Radio Network and Network Service Chaining towards 5G: challenges and requirements”, in IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 145-151, November 2017
-Jordi Mongay Batalla, Piotr Krawiec, Constandinos X. Mavromoustakis, George Mastorakis, Naveen Chilamkurti, Daniel Négru, Joachim Bruneau-Queyreix, and Eugen Borcoci, “Efficient Media Streaming with Collaborative Terminals for the Smart City Environment”, in IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 98-104, January 2017 DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2017.1600225CM
-Piotr Wisniewski, Jordi Mongay Batalla, Andrzej Beben, Piotr Krawiec, and Andrzej Chydzinski, “On Optimizing Adaptive Algorithms Based on Rebuffering Probability” ACM Trans. Multimedia Comput. Commun. Appl., vol. 13, no. 3, Article 43 (June 2017), 20 pages. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3092837 (IF: 2.250)
-Krawiec, P., Sosnowski, M., Mongay Batalla, J. et al. „DASCo: dynamic adaptive streaming over CoAP”, Multimed Tools Appl (2017), Feb. 2018, Vol. 77, Issue 4, Springer International Publishing. doi:10.1007/s11042-017-4854-z (IF: 1.530)
-Piotr Krawiec, Maciej Sosnowski, Jordi Mongay Batalla, Constandinos X. Mavromoustakis, George Mastorakis, Evangelos Pallis, Survey on Technologies for Enabling Real-Time Communication in the Web of Things, Chapter in “Beyond the Internet of Things: Everything Interconnected”, J. Mongay Batalla et al. (eds.), pp. 323-339, Springer International Publishing, 2017, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-50758-3_13
-Krawiec P., Mongay Batalla J., Bruneau-Queyreix J., Negru D., Mavromoustakis C.X., Mastorakis G. Collaborative Media Delivery in 5G Mobile Cloud Networks, Chapter in “Advances in Mobile Cloud Computing and Big Data in the 5G Era”, Constandinos X. Mavromoustakis, George Mastorakis and Ciprian Dobre (eds.), Studies in Big Data series, vol. 22, pp 341-360, Springer International Publishing, 2017, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-45145-9_14
-A. Beben, P. Krawiec, J. Mongay Batalla, P. Wisniewski, Sposob i urzadzenie odbiorcze do adaptacyjnego pobierania tresci multimedialnych. Patent RP PL227259 obtained 2017-11-30
- CyberSecIdent IV "Security framework for 5G network based on multiple providers: specification, implementation and development of evaluation process", 2021-2024. Funded by National Centrum for Research and Development (Poland). Role in the project: participant.
- CyberSecIdent II „ National schema for the security and privacy evaluation and certyfication of IT products and systems compliant with Common Criteria (KSO3C)”, 2018-2021. Funded by National Centrum for Research and Development (Poland). Role in the project: participant.
- AAL project: Clinically-validated INtegrated Support for Assistive Care and Lifestyle Improvement: the Human Link, 2019-2020, Programme AAL is co-funded by the EC. Role in the project: team lider.
- Gospostrateg 5G@PL project: Wdrażanie sieci 5G w gospodarce polskiej. Funded by National Centrum for Research and Development. 2018-2021. Role in the project: team lider.
- PolTur FUSE project: Full-managed secure gateway for Home Automation Systems, 2018-2020. Programme bilateral Poland-Turkey. Role in the project: participant.
- PolLux II IDSECOM project: ID-based SEcure COMmunications system for unified access in IoT, 2014-2017. Programme bilateral Poland-Luxembourg. Role in the project: team lider.
Experience & Knowledge
-Network Technologies: mobile networks 4G/5G, IPv4/6, Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n, 802.15.4, 802.15.1, Zigbee, 6LoWPAN, OpenFlow, HTTP, CoAP
-Programming languages: C, C++, Qt/PyQt, Python, Java, HTML, Linux shell scripts
-Network programming: C sockets, Zeroc ICE, Protobuf, JSON RPC, RESTful webservices
-Operating systems: Windows, Linux, Junos OS
-Others: blockchain/DLT technologies, prototyping and testing, hardware/software network traffic generators/analyzers